The following Safeguarding Policy was adopted at a meeting of the Parochial Church Council (PCC) held on Tuesday 9th May 2017
- As members of this PCC we are committed to the safeguarding, care and nurture of all our members, particularly children, young people and vulnerable adults.
- We recognise that our work with children, young people and vulnerable adults is the responsibility of the whole church community.
- We have adopted and are committed to the Church of England “Promoting a Safer Church” Policy Statement, national policies and Practice Guidance of the House of Bishops and supporting diocesan safeguarding protocols (available to view at cofeguildford.org.uk/safeguardingpolicy ).
- We will carefully select and train ordained and lay ministers; volunteers and paid workers with children, young people and vulnerable adults using the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) amongst other tools, to check the background of each person.
- We will respond, without delay, to every complaint made that anyone for whom we are responsible, may have been harmed.
- We will co-operate fully with statutory agencies during any investigation concerning a member of the church community.
- We will seek to offer appropriate pastoral care to anyone who has suffered abuse of any kind.
- We will work with the relevant agencies to offer appropriate pastoral care to those who are known to have offended against another person.
- We will review this policy annually and as part of this process will ensure that all our procedures, particularly in relation to the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) are up to date.
The Parish Safeguarding Officer for St Albans Hindhead may be contacted directly by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or for more urgent matters via the Parish Office or the Vicar as per our Contact Us page.